Excess and Used Vehicle Acquisition Process
Excess Vehicle Acquisitions
- The Purchasing Division facilitates excess vehicle reallocation, sales, and disposals.
- Agencies and local government wishing to acquire an excess vehicle may contact the Purchasing Division for assistance with the location and acquisition process of an excess vehicle.
So... You Want to Purchase a NV Surplus Vehicle, But Don't Know ow
Once it is established you are eligible by NRS 333.220(3) to receive State Surplus (State, Local Governments, Schools, Colleges, Certain Non-Profits), you may pick out a vehicle that is available for sale in the State Purchasing Warehouse located at 2250 Barnett Way, Reno, NV 89512.
- Contact State Purchasing Surplus Office at 775-684-0192 to arrange a time to meet in Reno to test drive any vehicle.
- When you pick out a vehicle, sale price will be quoted, and it will be placed on hold so the sale process can take place.
- An invoice will be created and emailed to you.
- For State Agencies:
- BOE approval must be given for all vehicles.
- Once approval is given, the agency processes and RXQ in the system where a PO can be established. BOE approval must be attached.
- A meeting will be set up in Reno to sign the invoice, provide agency with title and keys.
- The agency must process the RC in Advantage to show receipt of the vehicle.
- The invoice will be processed through State Purchasing.
- The agency budgetary information will be updated on the Fixed Asset Record.
- For all other organizations: When the check is received by you, contact Surplus to make an appointment to sign the invoice & pick up title and keys.
ALL PRIVATE PARTY SALES MUST BE TRANSACTED THROUGH OUR PUBLIC AUCTION SALES.
- Agencies and local governments wishing to acquire an excess vehicle should contact the Nevada State Purchasing Division Surplus Office. The Purchasing Division manages the excess vehicle program and will assist the agency in locating a suitable vehicle and will then guide the agency through the vehicle purchase process.